We have a lovely little muffin here team.
Fragrant, light and easy to make. The cardamom and rose water make them undeniably Persian and perfect alongside tea.
- 3 eggs at room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 0.75 cup plain greek yogurt (I used 5%)
- 0.5 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 1.75 cups flour
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners or grease.
- In large bowl whisk eggs and sugar like you mean in. Add yogurt, oil and rose water. Mix well.
- In a smaller bowl whisk flour, cornstarch, cardamom and salt.
- Add half of dry mixture to wet mixture and whisk to combine. Fold in remaining half of dry mixture.
- Using an ice cream scoop even portions into muffin tin. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 8 minutes, reduce oven to 350 degrees F and then bake another 10-12 minutes until toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Transfer to cooling rack for 15 minutes then devour.
Inspired by UnicornsInTheKitchen