This sumac rub is so special when compared to the million different rubs out there and it is insanely simple- only four ingredients. You could eat the fish just with this rub, but I strongly recommend the herb topping it brightens this dish up like no other and is especially great as we enter the Spring season.
- 4-5 salmon fillets (about 6 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice mixed with 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon or lime wedges to serve with salmon
- ¼ cup sumac
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
For Herb Topping
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup mint, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment and place salmon on sheet skin side down. Brush both sides of salmon with oil/lime mixture. Top with sumac rub pretty aggressively. Cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge for 15-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the herb topping ingredients in small bowl.
- Bake fish (uncovered) for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Remove from oven and top with herb mixture. Serve with lemon or lime wedges. Great with Persian Rice!
Inspired by Joon: Persian Recipes Made Simple