Sometimes I wonder why any salads have greens. So many salads could be improved by just being toppings. Hello Greek salad?… it’s amazing for a reason. Few things are more disappointing than ordering a Greek salad and it’s mainly greens with Greek salad toppings.
This salad cuts out the middle man and gives you all the Spring veg you know you’re jonesin for on these 65 degree days. Endless crunch with snap peas and radish… fresh mint and obviously feta. The dressing is simple and light and the result is a super satisfying, crunchy and addictive salad.
- 20 ounces of sugar snap peas
- One package of fresh mint, leaves removed and torn
- One bunch radishes
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled (better the feta the better the salad)
For Dressing (you’ll probably have extra)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Slice snap peas on a bias. You can do this up to 12 hours in advance, store sliced snap peas in a Ziploc with a wet paper towel. Sliced radishes thin (I used a mandolin). Can do this up to 24 hours in advance and store the same way.
- Toss salad ingredients together in large bowl. Toss dressing ingredients together in small bowl, seasoning with salt/pep. Add dressing to salad a little at a time until dressed to your liking. Salad best eaten fresh… leftovers will still taste good but the mint and peas will lose some color.
Inspired by NYTimes