Forcing warmer weather vibes in with these Lemon Macadamia Bars. I love lemon everything, love macadamia, and love sweet treats that are made with healthy ingredients. The base is a mixture of dates and coconut which pairs awesome with the macadamia. I used almond butter but any nut butter would work to help it all come together.
I don’t have a super powered blender or food processor so my base was a little crumbly but still great. The top comes together super-fast just buzz up the macadamia and add in all the other ingredients. I stored mine in the freezer and they make a great healthy alternative for a sweet fix and a super satiating snack.
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 12 soft medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream (thick part from top of can)
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Zest of two lemons
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Line an 8”X8” square baking pan with parchment paper with overhang for easy removal. Blend all base ingredients in food processor and press into bottom of baking pan (I don’t have a great processor so mine was a little crumbly but I wasn’t mad about it). Set in fridge while you make top layer.
- Wipe out food processor and add macadamia nuts. Blend well, until a paste forms (you might have to scrape down sides occasionally). Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour top layer onto base and spread out (I didn’t get too crazy spreading out evenly and you could tell but I was really anxious to eat them). Place in freezer for hour to set. Slice and serve, storing in freezer or fridge.
Inspired by WholeFoodsSimply