I’d like to say I made these chocolate chip cookies dairy free for health reasons but that was more of a bonus. Sometimes you just really don’t want to wait for butter to come to room temperature… when you need a cookie you need a cookie. That’s where coconut oil steps- a quick zap to melt it down and it’s ready for cookie making. Throw in dairy free chips (they taste the same) and you are well on your way to a classic, moist and delicious chocolate chip cook.
- 0.75 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (ideally at room temp)
- 0.75 cup sugar
- 0.75 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl combine oil, vanilla, eggs and sugar.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt and stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop two tablespoons of batter at a time onto parchment lined baking sheet an inch or so apart.
- Baking for 10 minutes, let cool a few minutes before moving to wire rack to cool completely. Keeps well in air tight container for several days.
Inspired by lifeasastrawberry