Despite the fact that it feels like a cold January day outside and it’s APRIL I am determined to get Spring flavors going in my kitchen. While I consume dill all year round it feels especially right in the Spring. Especially blended into a creamy vegan and raw cashew dressing. This dressing is so rich and filling with a little tang, a little sweet and ton of herbs. It’s a pretty heavy dressing perfect for hearty kale, it would overpower more delicate greens.
This salad would greatly benefit from a generous sprinkling of feta but with how creamy the dressing is I left it as is with the cool cucs and spicy radish to contrast all the flavors. The pistachio is more there for texture so make sure you chop them well… you already have plenty of nuts going on in the dressing. So let your weather frustration out via kale massaging and bunker down with this salad until the tulips show their face.
- 1.5 cups cashews (I soaked mine for two hours because I don’t have a high powered blender)
- 0.5 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 0.5 cup fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 large clove garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 Persian cucumber, seeds removed, diced
- 1 bunch radish, trimmed and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 4 bunches Tuscan kale, chopped and large stems removed
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a blender for several minutes.
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle a pinch of salt on it. Massage kale for a minute. Toss with dressing (add a little at a time until dressed to desired amount). Toss in cucumber, radish and pistachio.
Inspired by RawandFree