It’s a tough granola bar world out there… I get so overwhelmed by all the choices and all the crazy ingredients that sound like they belong on the back of cleaning supplies. I find Lara Bars have some of the cleanest labels and I’m taking it one step further by making them homemade. These have a touch of cacao, sweetness from the dates and the superfood goodness of goji berries. Plus three kinds of nuts, once you’ve had one of these you’re definitely covered for the day in the nut department. These don’t slice perfectly but they’re not exactly something you serve for dessert at a dinner party. They are a great sweet and filling snack to have in the freezer you can grab after a workout or when you’re in a hurry. Feel free to mess with the ingredients, any dried fruit or nut would work… just blend, set and slice.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 12 medjool dates, pits removed
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao (or cocoa powder
- 0.25 cups pistachios
- 0.75 cups cashews
- 1 cup goji berries
- 0.5 teaspoons almond extract
- Line a square pan with parchment paper with overhanging sides for easy removal.
- Lightly pulse pistachios and cashews in food processor, pour into bowl.
- Blend walnuts, dates, cacao and extract in food processor until well combined.
- Add nuts and berries and pulse to combine. Press into prepared pan and place in freezer to set (a few hours).
- Once set, slice into bars. Store in freezer.
Inspired by WholeFoodsSimply
Pingback: The Purple Almond: Food to heal the body, mind and soul Press-It Thursday: Homemade “Lara Bars” with Goji Berries | Roxana’s Kitchen
Wow, this looks delicious and so easy!!
Thank you! They really are 😊
these look really yummy and easy to make ! Will show u the outcome !
Thanks! I look forward to it. 😊