Sabzi Khordan is a must have platter for Persian eating. It’s basically a giant pile of fresh herbs, radishes, walnuts and feta. I Americanized/Roxanaized this by taking all the components of this platter and tossing them with baby kale and a little orange blossom dressing. The result is a fresh and light salad.
I used mint and green onions but basil, parsley or any herbs would be great. I went for kale, as always, but mesclun greens or spinach would also be delish.
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1/3 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup sliced radish
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- Make dressing: whisk all ingredients until combined.
- Toss kale with half the walnuts, feta, radish, green onions and mint.
- Toss with a little dressing at a time until it is dressed to your liking. Garnish with remaining ingredients.