I’m pretty sure if you look up indulgence in the dictionary you will see these fudgey cookies stuffed with peanut butter. I mean really stuffed with peanut butter, we’re not talking about a “swirl” or a “frosting”. Think peanut butter cup meets cookie but more intense.
You take two portions of fudgy, dark chocolatey (although you dont have to use dark chocolate…) cookie dough that would be good on its own and smoosh some peanut buttery goodness in between them. Only true and aggressive fans of peanut butter should keep reading…
For Peanut Butter Center
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 0.75 cup brown sugar (I used light)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1.75 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups dark chocolate chunks*
- 1 cup cocoa powder
To Make (10 big and thick borderline ridiculous cookies):
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together peanut butter and sugar in a medium bowl. Add egg and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to wet ingredients, along with chocolate chunks and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Take one tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture, place two tablespoons of chocolate dough on top and two tablespoons of chocolate dough on bottom. Press dough around peanut butter mixture, tucking in the peanut butter the best you can. Place on parchment paper, flatten down and smooth out a little.**
- Bake for 15 minutes, until just cooked, let cool completely, do not overcook.
*can use chocolate chips, semi-sweet, etc
**you can make these any size you want just realize it should be one part peanut butter mixture to four parts chocolate dough around in. You can smooth out with a wet finger
Inspired by PickyPalate