When all else fails load up your life with sprinkles. Ideally in a sweet and chewy funfetti cookie format with a cheesecake swirl going through the center.
You’re making cooking dough (note it needs to chill a few hours)… pressing 3/4 of that dough into a square pan…. pouring a super super quick and easy cheesecake filling over (and more sprinkles of course) and then crumbling the remaining dough on top. The result is a sweet/chewy/creamy bar loaded with rainbow sprinkles. It’s impossible not to smile while eating these funfetti bars.
- 0.5 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extra
- 1.75 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 0.25 rainbow sprinkles
- 1 8 ounce brick of cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 large egg
- 0.5 cup powdered sugar
- 0.25 cup plus 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat together sugar and butter in large bowl with electric beaters for two minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients all at once. Beat with electric beaters for five seconds, then stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Stir in sprinkles. Do not overmix.
- Chill dough for two hours or overnight.
- To make the cheesecake filling: beat cream cheese with electric beaters in a large bowl until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla and beat well. Add egg and beat until just combined.
- Line an 8” square baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press ¾ of the cookie dough onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Pour cheesecake batter over top and smooth out. Sprinkle with 0.25 cup rainbow sprinkles.
- Crumble the remaining cookie dough in your hands and scatter evenly over filling. Sprinkle remaining tablespoon of sprinkles over top.
- Bake for 26-30 minutes. Cool completely then transfer to fridge. Cut and serve, keep leftovers in refrigerator.