Cauliflower done right is up there on my vegetable ranking. Raw cauliflower (unless it’s cauliflower rice) is a huge bummer. I feel like a lot of people become cauliflower haters from sad veggie trays with hunks of raw cauliflower that give no justice to this lovely cruciferous veg.
Roasted cauliflower though… with all kinds of yummy spices… is a true delight. I could have eaten these toasty gems all on their own but… everything tastes better when covered in tahini sauce. It’s just science. Feel free to play around with the spices and make sure you get aggressive with your tahini sauce application. It’s best warm but still super yum at room temp. This is a long way from raw cauliflower and ranch dip.
- 2 heads of cauliflower, florets only
- 0.5 teaspoon cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 0.5 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.75 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 0.5 cup parsley, minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 0.5 cup tahini
- 0.5 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Water if necessary
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Toss cauliflower with spices, salt and olive oil on a baking sheet. Roast for 35 minutes, tossing half way through.
- While cauliflower is cooking make the tahini sauce. Whisk all the ingredients until smooth. Add water if it needs to be thinned out for drizzling.
- Place roasted cauliflower on a platter. Drizzle with sauce. Top with almonds and parsley.
Inspired by DishingUpTheDirt