Boozy brownies? I’m in. Boozy festive/holidayish brownies? YES!
And not just any boozy brownies…. we’re not talking about a tablespoon of bourbon or a quarter cup of Kahlua… nearly a cup of red wine. And cranberries soaked in red wine. I would take one of these brownies over a Santa shaped sugar cookie any day.
- 0.75 cup red wine (I used Pinot Noir)
- 0.5 cup dried cranberries
- 0.75 cup flour
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, plus extra for greasing pan
- 6 ounce dark chocolate, chopped (or use chunks)
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 0.5 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the red wine and cranberries together. Let sit for 30-60 minutes until cranberries are plump with wine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8X8 inch pan.
- Mix flour in a small bowl with salt.
- In a double boiler or in a mixing bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, heat butter and chocolate until just melted and combined.
- Remove chocolate/butter mixture from heat and let cool five minutes until almost cooled.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Add to chocolate/butter mixture. Add sugar and cocoa powder and mix. Then add flour and mix until just combined.
- Mix in the red wine and cranberries. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 40 minutes. Let cool before slicing.
Inspired by CookieNamedDesire