My guacamole consumption is aggressive in the summer and declines the lower the temperature outside goes. The addition of pomegranate seeds brought some holiday love to this guac in all the right ways reigniting my need for massive consumption. The pomegranate isn’t too sweet and is perfect with the salty feta… basically a Persian-y twist on a classic.
- 6 Haas avocados, ripe
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced
- 0.5 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 8 ounces feta, crumbled
- Chips to serve with guacamole
- Place lime juice in large bowl. Halve and seed avocado and scoop avocado into bowl. Toss with lime juice. Add cumin, cayenne and salt and mash with a potato masher or pastry cutter.
- Stir in garlic, jalapeno and cilantro. Stir in half of pomegranate and feta. Put guacamole in a bowl and garnish with remaining pomegranate, feta and a few cilantro leaves. Serve with chips.
Inspired by HalfBakedHarvest