In a sea of rich, indulgent holiday dishes this bright bowl of sprouts cuts right through the eggnog and mashed potatoes in the yummiest way. Think more winter slaw than a salad but instead of a heavy mayo-y dressing you have a light tangy yogurt dressing.
And you have pomegranate seeds and toasty almonds making this salad/slaw pretty enough to compete with the Christmas tree.
- Two pounds of brussels sprouts
- 0.5 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 0.5 cup pomegranate arils
- 0.5 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used full fat)
- 0.5 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey or a mix of syrup and honey)
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Shred brussels sprouts by slicing thinly or slicing on a mandolin. Place in a large bowl.
- Make dressing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Can make dressing several days in advance. Add dressing to brussels sprouts a little at a time until it is dressed to your taste.
- Toss brussels sprouts with most of the pomegranate and the almonds. Garnish with remaining pomegranate and almonds.