Someone cut me off… can’t stop… making pumpkin snacks….
I told myself I wouldn’t cross the line by making pumpkin hummus but I just knew I would love the flavor, especially with a little heat in there… and I was right. This creamy hummus has subtle pumpkin flavor with all the winning ingredients of regular hummus. The only bad part of this hummus is it feeds my pumpkin addiction… eventually this blog will be Roxana’s Pumpkin Kitchen with only pumpkin recipes. Somebody stop me.
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons tahini
- 4 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil plus more for garnish
- 1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin puree
- 0.75 teaspoon ground cumin
- 0.5 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 0.25 cup roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
- Paprika for garnish
- Combine lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt and chickpeas in a blender or food processor. Continue processing while you drizzle in olive oil.
- Add pumpkin, cumin and cayenne and blend until smooth. Taste, adding more salt, lemon juice or olive oil if needed.
- Transfer hummus to bowl (if you had stored in refrigerator, bring to room temperature before serving), garnish with pumpkin seeds, paprika and drizzle of olive oil.
Inspired by AllRecipes