It’s no secret I love all things make ahead and quinoa. This quinoa tabbouleh is already high on the healthful scale but the addition of broccoli takes it over the top. I like sneaking in veggies wherever I can. The broccoli in this does not over power the tabbouleh and nicely blends in with the other ingredients. You can add more herbs (mint!) or use bulgar/ground cauliflower in place of the quinoa. It was the most delicious with these Swordfish Kabobs!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cup veggie stock (or sub water)
- 0.5 cup chopped parsley
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 large head broccoli (or two small)
- 0.5 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 0.25 cup lemon juice
- 0.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the quinoa in the veggie stock according to package instructions. Slice the cucumber in half, length wise. Scoop out the seeds. Dice the cucumber. Dice the tomato the same size as the cucumber.
- Cut broccoli florets off of broccoli head. Place in food processor and process until minced.
- In a small bowl combine garlic and lemon juice. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season with salt/pep.
- Combine quinoa, broccoli, , red onion and cucumber. Add dressing, a little at a time, until you have the dressing amount you want (I used all of it). Toss with parsley and serve.