Healthy snickers! Need I say more? You have this peanut buttery base that’s sweetened and thickened with dates. The puffed rice lightens it up and gives the bars that crunch (plus the chopped peanuts).
Obviously you need the chocolate top to complete the snickery goodness. You could use raw organic chocolate and make this whole treat a raw experience. Either way you can feel good about going for seconds (or thirds) in this candy bar/granola bar fusion.
- 400 grams (a little under one pound) fresh dates, pitted
- 0.5 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup puffed brown rice
- 0.5 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 80 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- Place dates and peanut butter in a food processor and process on high until paste-like (it might take a little time and scraping down of the sides).
- Place paste mixture in bowl and stir in rice and peanuts.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Move mixture into pan and press in and smooth out.
- Place chocolate in a double boiler and melt. Pour melted chocolate over the date mixture and smooth out. Place in refrigerator until chilled (at least 30 minutes). Remove from pan and slice into logs (it’s best to use a clean, hot knife for each slice).
Inspired by DonnaHay