Yes I know I recently posted a Green Quinoa Salad with Feta… and this has broccoli (glorious garlicky, lemony broccoli)… which is green…. and feta again…. which is everything.
But these are some of my favorite things and this salad felt so different than the last one …..and I served this one warm…and it’s cold…and I’ll never make you choose when it comes to green quinoa goodness.
- 1.5 pounds broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups veggie stock
- 3 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup roasted pepitas
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet combine broccoli, garlic, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt/pep. Roast in a single layer for 15-20 minutes until brown and beautiful.
- Cook your quinoa according to package instruction (1 part quinoa to two parts stock or water…. bring to boil… reduce to simmer…cover for 15 minutes).
- Combine broccoli, quinoa, spinach and green onion in a large bowl. Drizzle over two tablespoons of olive oil and remaining two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Fold in pepitas and feta, reserving some for garnish. Season to taste with salt/pep.
- This was delicious served warm but continued to be great in the fridge for several days.
Inspired by TwoPeasandTheirPod