I am tempted to live on soup from now until it’s above 30 degrees again. A life of soup, coffee, hot chocolate, soup, parka, ear muffs, soup.
But sometimes… you just need a true meal. And maybe one that’s a little happy… like lemony cod that tricks you into thinking it’s a beautiful day outside.
With some lovely little charred broccoli that I will be posting about in the near future. So here is some sunshiney cod to brighten up your January.
You’ll need (for two*):
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 0.25 cup flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon paprika
- 0.5 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
*If making for four you can use the same amount of batter ingredients
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a shallow bowl (I used a rectangular Tupperware container) combine lemon juice and butter. In a separate shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings.
- Pat fillets dry with a paper towel. Dip fillets in lemon juice mixture, then flour mixture. Try to coat the best you can but don’t go crazy… you don’t want clumpy fish.
- Place the fish in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Broil for the last minute to get a bit of a crust.
- Garnish with parsley, zest and lemon wedges.
Inspired by WhatsGabyCooking