I go through a lot of kale salads and while I love a creamy tahini or cesar dressing sometimes I need to switch it up. This salad has lots of crunch and texture from sesame almonds and hemp seeds and a crazy bang of flavor from the dressing. The ginger is the star of the dressing… perfectly balanced by the honey and vinegar. I could see this salad tasting great with grilled shrimp or with some salty feta mixed in. Just as is it was light and satisfying!
- 2 bunches of kale, large ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or other oil
- 0.25 cup sesame seeds
- 0.25 cup hemp seeds
- 0.75 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1” piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- In small bowl whisk together extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, honey, ginger, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.
- Over medium low heat warm avocado oil. Add almonds, sesame seeds and pinch salt and sauté 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Massage kale with pinch salt for a minute. Toss with dressing. Add chickpeas, sesame almonds and hemp seeds and toss to combine.
- Prep kale and keep in air tight container in fridge
- Make dressing and store in fridge
- Make almonds and store at room temp
- Drain and rinse chickpeas an store in air tight container in fridge
- Toss all ingredients together when ready to serve
Inspired by WhatsCookingGoodLooking