This is one of those recipes that require very little effort with a very lovely result. The honey and garlic give it a ton of flavor without overpowering the salmon and the chopped pistachio gives great color and crunch.
The honey/garlic won’t seem like a lot but you just want a thin glaze across the top. I found it best to sprinkle the pistachio all over then press it in with my hands to make sure it sticks.
You can cut into the salmon a little to check for doneness but remember it will keep cooking as it rests for five minutes when it comes out of the oven. You can serve this with so many things but since the recipe is so simple I recommend you use the time you save to make some Persian rice. Throw a veggie side like roasted asparagus and you’re all set!
You’ll need (for 2 loaves):
- 5-3 lbs salmon*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 cup shelled pistachio, chopped
- Optional: lemon wedges
*I used two sides of salmon that were each a little over a pound. Different types of salmon will have different coloring.
- Place rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat salmon dry and place on parchment lined baking sheet skin side down. Brush salmon with olive oil.
- In a small bowl mix together honey and garlic. Spread honey/garlic mixture over salmon evenly.
- Sprinkle salt/pepper generously over salmon. Press pistachio onto salmon evenly.
- Bake salmon for 15 minutes. Let rest at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving with lemon wedges.
Inspired by SweetandSavouryPursuits