Are you staring at all your canned goods and wondering what to do with them? This is it! This uses canned chickpeas, tomatoes and coconut milk to make the most ridiculously yummy treat in under 30 minutes. I think if you were really low on supplies you could even try substituting the onions, ginger or garlic with a powder version. I would have loved to add some cilantro or parsley to this but we are bone dry when it comes to fresh herbs and even without it this was so amazing! Super filling, creamy and flavorful it was absolutely perfect. Quarantine or not this is definitely going in my regular rotation.
You’ll need (for 6 people):
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 28 ounce can diced or crushed tomato
- 2 cans coconut milk (I used one full fat and one lite)
- 1 knob ginger, peeled and minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or some other oil)
- Optional: if you have it handful chopped cilantro or parsley and squeeze of lime juice
- Optional: rice, quinoa or naan to serve curry with (I used brown rice)
- Heat a large pot or skillet over medium heat and add oil. Add onions and sauté 8 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and sauté 1 minute. Add 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and curry powder and stir.
- Add coconut milk and tomatoes. Turn down heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in chickpeas and cook 5 for minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add cilantro/parsley. Serve with rice and a squeeze of lime.
Inspired by ModernHoney