Wowww these cookies! Ground pistachio gets mixed into the batter as a sub for some of the flour and chopped pistachio gets folded in (with a generous amount of chocolate) at the end. Hence the “double pistachio”.
The ground pistachio gives the cookies this green hint that is beyond perfect for the holidays (without totally taking over the flavor of the cookies… more like a slightly nutty chocolate chunk cookie). I used my little single serve smoothie blender to grind up the pistachios which made clean up even easier than lugging out my food processor. And with the recipe coming together in one bowl this makes for a seriously quick and impressive little cookie.
- 0.5 cup butter, melted
- 0.5 cup sugar (100 g)
- 1/8 cup light brown sugar (25 g) (dark okay too)
- 1 egg (large and at room temp if you can)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/8 cups flour (165 g)
- 0.75 cup ground pistachio (100 g) (just blitz in food processor or blender- I used my single cup smoothie blender thing)
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.75 cup chocolate chunks (or chips… be generous)
- 0.5 cup salted pistachio, chopped (65 g)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In stand mixer with paddle attachment (or in bowl with hand mixer) combine butter and sugars on medium speed for one minute. Add egg and vanilla until just combined. Stir in flour, ground pistachio, baking powder and salt until just combined. Fold in chocolate chunks and chopped pistachio.
- Using an ice cream scoop if you have it portion six cookies on each baking sheet a few inches apart (you can also use a scale to make sure they are the same size). Bake for 10-11 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely. Keeps in air tight container for 5 days.
Inspired by alsothecrumbsplease