Our building just redid the rooftop and I basically want to be up there with tapas style snacks and a glass of rose for the rest of the summer. This app has refreshing lemony yogurt and jammy roasted cherry tomatoes. The hot/cold contrast is everything…best enjoyed with a big baguette and a view of the Sears Tower.
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes
- Pinch sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon, with three strips of peel removed and the rest zested
- 1.75 cups full fat greek yogurt*
- 0.5 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 0.5 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Bread or pita to serve it with
*if you really want your yogurt thick you can strain it over a cheesecloth/drainer overnight
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine yogurt, lemon zest (not the peel), and 1 teaspoon salt. Set in fridge.
- Toss tomatoes, sugar, cumin, olive oil, oregano, lemon peel, 0.5 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pep on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roasted for 20 minutes until tomatoes start to blister. Change oven to broiler setting and broil for 5ish minutes until you start getting black spots on tomatoes. Remove from oven and toss with basil.
- Once tomatoes are ready, spread yogurt on plate or wide shallow bowl. Spoon tomato mixture (with juices) over yogurt. Serve immediately with bread.
Inspired by Ottolenghi