You can run but you can’t hide from my kale combos with tahini dressing. This time I broke up the kale with some carrot and cabbage making it more like a slaw which gets some oomph to it with chickpeas and sunflower seeds. Some fresh herbs to brighten it up and you are good to go. This kept up great in the fridge which makes it perfect for making a giant batch to snack on all week.
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, chopped, stems and ribs removed
- 0.5 cup carrot grated, julienned or chopped carrot
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 0.25 cup parsley leaves (optional)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 0.5 cup tahini
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 0.25 cup water, and more as needed
- Combine kale, carrot, cabbage and chickpeas in a large bowl.
- Whisk together tahini, honey, garlic, lemon juice and water. Add extra water if it needs to be thinned out more (mine needed a few more tablespoons). Season to taste with salt/pep.
- Toss dressing with veggies. Add most of scallions and mots of seeds and toss to combine. Garnish with remaining scallions, seeds and parsley leaves.