Spring? You awake? My mind says Spring, this asparagus says Spring, but this insane snowstorm outside says blankets, hot chocolate, and snugging.
So let’s focus on this asparagus instead of my overwhelming desire to hibernate. You give the asparagus and cherry tomatoes a little olive oil toss, spread out all cute and top with a generous coating of parmesan cheese. After some oven love they get a drizzle of thick balsamic glaze and are ready to go. You can serve it right in the dish you cook them in, I love the colors together and all the flavor going on between the balsamic and parmesan. So gorgeous and simple.
Let’s all join together and eat Spring vegetables until the daffodils come up.
- 2 small bunches of asparagus (1.5 pounds)
- 1.5 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 0.5 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup balsamic glaze (store bought or make your own*)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
*simmer 0.5 cup balsamic vinegar for 10 minutes until thick
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss asparagus in one tablespoons olive oil, salt/pep and spread out evenly in a baking dish (you’ll be serving in this dish). Toss cherry tomatoes in one tablespoon of olive oil, salt/pep. Spread across the top of asparagus. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes until asparagus is tender. Remove from oven.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over the top and serve.
Inspired by ClosetCooking