Woohoo Thanksgiving is tomorrow! If you are in need of a last minute side- this is it! The whole dish takes about ten minutes. If you’re making these in advance keep them on the counter in an air tight container. They’ll stay warm for a while but you can also give them a quick reheat in the microwave or in the oven before serving.
I love how these are super flavorful but still bring a healthy veg component to the Thanksgiving table. If you’re afraid of non-sprouts fans not loving this dish… the garlic/butter/parmesan really do the trick.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, cut in half
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add sprouts in an even layer. Let cook 4 minutes. Flip sprouts and cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Add butter, red pepper flakes and garlic to sprouts. Sauté for one minute.
- Remove sprouts from heat and stir in lemon zest and juice. Season with salt. Sprinkle parmesan over top.
Note: Ideally serve this immediately but if you are making in advance keep in an air-tight container at room temp for up to a few hours (they will actually stay pretty warm). Give it a quick reheat if necessary before serving.
Inspired by WhatsGabyCooking