Can’t stop won’t stop with the Fall dishes. I love how simple this dish is while being absolutely lovely.
Using spiralized squash instead of pasta definitely justifies all the glorious brown butter going on. Added bonus- whole thing is done in five minutes.
- 300 grams spiralized butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 15 fresh sage leaves, stemmed
- Small handful grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place squash, olive oil, salt and pep on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- While squash is baking, melt better in a skillet over medium low heat. Add sage leaves and cook while butter turns into brown butter (do not let it burn) and sage leaves start to curl. Stir and turn sage leaves occasionally. Transfer fried sage to paper towels.
- Add squash to skillet and toss. Remove from heat and garnish with parmesan cheese, fried sage and more fresh pepper.
Inspired by BonAppetit