I will not give in to this snowy/cold/insanity. I will forge ahead with spring vegetables, with dill, with hope.
This salad has super crunchy spring ingredients like snap peas and radishes and a lovely dill dressing. Most importantly, you can prep the veggies and make your dressing ahead of time. This way it’s all set to go when you need to defiantly chomp on a bowl of spring as you witness a blizzard in April.
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 4 stalks celery, cut on a bias
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- 5 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Pinch of salt
- 0.5 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 0.5 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- You can prep your veggies for the salad the day before and keep in sealable bags/tupperware- or make the day of…. just toss all your veggies together.
- Whisk together the white wine vinegar and salt aggressively. Whisk in the dill, mustard and shallot. Slowly drizzle in ¼ cup of olive oil. If you feel like the dressing is too strong whisk in a little more. Store dressing until you are ready to serve the salad.
- Toss salad ingredients with dressing and serve.
Inspired by TheKitchn