I suppose this is truly some sort of a mushroom goat cheese spread but doesn’t pâté sound so much more New Years Eve worthy? Champagne, sparkly dress, pâté… they go together.
This is a pâté for true mushroom lovers (aka me). I don’t recommend trying to fool someone into thinking this has meat in it because the mushroom flavor going on here is no joke. Which is why I love it.
I also love it because you can make it well in advance. You could leave out the thyme, substitue crème fraiche for yogurt… make it your own. Just make it early so you can focus on pâté consumption not creation come NYE … and champagne toasts of course. Cheers!
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- 1.5 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespooon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces room temperature goat cheese
- 3 ounces full fat greek yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Clean mushrooms using a damp paper towel. Remove the stems and slice.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and thyme and sauté for 8-10 minutes. Add garlic and sherry and stir one minute. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add the cooled mushrooms, goat cheese and yogurt to a food process and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Season to taste with salt. Serve with bread or crackers.
Inspired by TheVanillaBeanBlog