If you are desperate for a last minute holiday dish- this is it!
This is essentially cheesy buttered noodles. The addition of truffle oil makes it a grown-up dish fit for a holiday gathering. I have made several versions of this dish and they are all delicious but none quite as simple as this one. By simple I mean four ingredients and it comes together in about a minute after the pasta is done.
Very high indulgence to effort ratio going on. Decadent, easy and truffles? Looks like Santa came early…
- 1 pound fettuccine egg pasta- the kind that is sold in little clusters
- 5 cup grated parmesan cheese plus extra for topping
- 1/3 cup black truffle oil plus extra for garnish
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Pasta water
- Cook pasta according to package instructions (in salted water). Reserve a little of the pasta water (you’ll only need a few tablespoons). Drain pasta.
- Toss pasta with oil, butter, and parmesan. Seasons with salt/pep to taste. Add pasta water if it needs to loosen up a bit. Garnish with a drizzle of extra truffle oil, more parmesan and serve.
Yes to pasta!!! Heck yes to truffled pasta!!!! Simple, easy, and downright delicious. Wish I could reach into my computer screen and eat a big plate of this right now 🙂
Hahaha it was really good 😳 I would have shared if I could