There are few things non-pumpkin that I will allot precious Fall stomach real estate to and this salad is one of them. It’s super filling with the quinoa, chickpeas and nutty dressing and salty with the crumbly feta (sub olives if vegan). Packed full of veg this is a salad you can make in bulk and feel good about eating throughout the week (plus it keeps well!).
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (from 1 cup uncooked quinoa)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups roughly chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion (green parts only)
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachio
- 0.25 extra-virgin olive oil
- 0.25 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 large clove garlic
- 0.25 teaspoon sumac (optional)
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Taste… adding more olive oil, lemon or tahini as needed.
- Toss all salad ingredients together. Toss in dressing, a little at a time, until you have desired salad/dressing ratio. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, for up to three days (keeps well).
Inspired by cookieandkate