It’s amazing to me how pumpkin can sound so unappealing until October strikes and it’s the only thing I want. Trying to sneak pumpkin in to everything I eat which can get dangerous. With overly sweet and rich pumpkin breads on every corner I decided to take matters into my own hands and make one. I wanted a healthy recipe that was super easy so I could make it on the regular all Fall. This recipe is vegan and gluten-free, naturally sweetened but still ridiculously flavorful and moist. Seriously better than any pumpkin bread you’re going to get at a coffee shop. And it all comes together in one bowl in under 10 minutes (if even). Then you just sit back and let your home be perfumed with the smell of pumpkin and spice.
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 0.25 cup melted coconut oil
- 0.25 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 0.25 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set aside for 5 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat flour
- 0.5 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cloves
- 0.5 teaspoon ground nutmeg (ideally freshly ground)
- Good pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 50-65 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Ideally, let cool a few hours before devouring.
Inspired by beamingbaker