Just when I think I couldn’t eat any more chickpeas I start putting them in cookies. You can’t even tell these cookies are gluten free- they are just ooey gooey delicious chocolaty cookies. If you want to keep these dairy free use vegan chocolate chips. A super yummy cookie you can feel good about.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder*
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 0.5 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons rosewater
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
*I used mainly raw cacao powder but ran out so the rest was regular baking cocoa powder
- In medium bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, rosewater and espresso powder. Whisk in oil. Add dry ingredient and stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop onto lined parchment baking sheets. I smooshed mine down which led to pretty flat cookies, next time I might not squish for a thicker cookie. Bake for 8-10 minutes until just set and let cool completely on cooling rack.
Inspired by PowerHungry