I basically consider anything with golden raisins and cumin a Moroccan dish and really these two ingredients make this whole salad. I normally don’t love raisins in general let alone in my savory salads but it was seriously amazing in this dish. And by don’t love I mean I consider them dead, sad grapes that have no place in my kitchen. So this is a pretty big deal that the raisins were my favorite part of this salad.
The raw cauliflower/sprouts/spinach gets an amazing texture contrast with crisp apples and chewy raisins. And the cumin is so so important it’s super subtle but gives the salad so much more flavor. Basically without raisins and cumin this is a sad bowl of raw cauliflower to me.
I feel raw vegetables like this need a creamy dressing. I love that this dressing doesn’t feel super heavy like some tahini based ones do. The clean and fresh flavor of mint and cilantro (plus lemon!) lighten it up in all the right ways.
And of course I love that you can make a big batch of this and it will keep in the fridge as a healthy snack whenever your ready. I ate this with a little sockeye salmon and it was everything.
- 0.5 cup apple juice (not from concentrate)
- 6 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 0.25 cup fresh mint, packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large head cauliflower, grated (I zapped mine in a food processor)
- 1 cup sliced Brussels sprouts
- 5 ounces baby spinach, chopped
- 1 apple, diced
- 0.5 cup golden raisins
- Blend all the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender until well combined.
- Toss salad ingredients together with dressing. Mix well and serve.
Inspired by FoodFaithFitness