Okay I wouldn’t exactly call this a mousse… almost like an insanely delicious frosting that you can feel good about eating with a spoon. This is the perfect guilt-free chocolate fix… my fiancé assumed it was just a regular chocolately treat instead of a natural sweetened vegan one. This is a great make ahead for a party… it lasts several days in the fridge. Having it at the ready makes it easy to reach for this instead of another less delicious/nutritious treat.
- 0.5 cup plus 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon carob powder
- 0.75 cup chopped cocoa butter
- 1 14 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6-9 dates, pits removed
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: raspberries and mint for garnish
- In small saucepan combine powders, cocoa butter, ¾ cup coconut milk and pinch salt over medium-low heat, whisking to combine.
- Once mixture is melty, whisk in remaining coconut milk. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- Transfer mixture to blender, add six dates and blend. Add more dates one at a time until you get desired sweetness.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, refrigerate for a minimum four hours.
- Serve, garnished with raspberries and mint. Keeps well for several days.
Inspired by MinimalistBaker