Pesto and I are good friends… it’s an easy thing to make for a crowd or for a quick week night meal. Most people think greens when they think pesto but my favorite has always been a sun-dried tomato pesto.
This one is new and improved with roasted red bell peppers. You can roast your own but jarred definitely got the job done. I didn’t blend this into a perfect puree I liked the texture of the almonds on the pasta. You can serve this hot or at room temperature… leftovers keep well in the fridge for several days.
- 1 jar (16 ounces) roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 0.5cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 0.25 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoons sherry vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 0.5 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 0.5 cup grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
- Optional: basil for garnish
- 0.75 lbs pasta, I used little trumpet pasta
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water to al dente. Drain, reserving a little pasta water.
- While pasta cooks, blend the peppers, tomatoes, almonds and olive oil in a food processor or blender. Stir in parmesan. Season to taste with salt/pep.
- Toss pasta with pesto, a little at a time until dressed as you would like. Thin out with pasta water if it needs loosening up. Garnish with parmesan and basil.
Inspired by WilliamsSonoma