The holidays are not the easiest time to get veggies in my trap… but that doesn’t change my commitment to kale. Especially tahini dressed kale. This salad gets a little bit of a winter/holiday update with candied walnuts, spiced and roasted butternut squash and dried cranberries. The results are amazing… a super filling and hearty salad that’s vegan/gluten-free/delicious.
You can make this ahead of time for entertaining or make a big batch to snack on all week in between Santa shaped cookies.
- 3 small bunches tuscan kale, chopped into thin ribbons, large stems removed
- 4 cups large diced butternut squash
- 2 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and completely dry
- 1/3 cup extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 0.75 cup candied walnuts
- 0.5 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Massage kale for a few seconds.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss squash with half of the olive oil and curry. Season with salt/pep. Spread out on baking sheets. Repeat process with chickpeas on separate baking sheets. Bake squash and chickpeas for 20 minutes until squash is tender and chickpeas are brown.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together until well combined. Season to taste, add more tahini if you feel it needs it.
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Massage kale for a few seconds. Toss with dressing, a little at a time until dressed to your liking. Toss in squash, chickpeas, walnuts, and cranberries. Let sit for 20 minutes before serving.
Inspired by FoodieCrush