Behold: another way to ingest avocado. If you can’t look at another avocado toast (who am I kidding that never gets old) and you’re constantly on the hunt for new kale salads (me) look no further. Instead of eggs giving the thick, creamy love to this Caesar dressing, the avocado steps in. You get a little bit of that avocado flavor and texture but mainly it’s just a really good Caesar dressing. You could substitute vegan parmesan if you wanted to keep the whole thing vegan. You could also use the more traditional romaine but a heavy dressing like this really stands up to the kale. Top this off with crouts or roasted chickpeas unless you’re like me and you’re too hungry for that additional step.
- 2 bunches kale, chopped, large stems removed
- 2 haas avocados
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil (might need a little extra)
- 0.5 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for shaving on top
- 0.25 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 0.5 teaspoons salt
- 0.5 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove pit from avocado. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado flesh into a food processor bowl. Add vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, worscestershire and mustard. Processor until combined.
- With processor running on slow speed, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Blend in parmesan, salt and pep. Taste, add more olive oil or lemon juice as needed. Set aside.
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle a pinch of salt on it. Massage kale for a few seconds. Toss kale with dressing, a little dressing at a time, until dressed to your desired amount. Garnished with shaved parmesan.
Inspired by WhatsGabyCooking