Summer time eating slash this is what I stressed chomped on during Game of Thrones Sunday. That was some of the best TV known to man. Drogon… I can’t even. So many feelings during that battle I was literally rooting for and against every character all at the same time. Also, I’ve never been more into Jon Snow. He’s never seemed smarter against Daenery’s dragonfire hunger.
Poor Sansa is somehow the most normal Stark kid… Bran makes me so uneasy maybe if he had a little of this quinoa salad he would perk up. Anyway let’s focus on this corn situation. Beautiful summer corn, spicy jalapeno, fresh herbs, hearty quinoa and a creamy avocado dressing. Plus two types of cheese and crunchy pepitas. Easy, fresh and filling.
Lastly, where is Gendry?
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 3 green onions, sliced on the bias
- 0.5 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced, divided
- 0.5 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 0.75 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 0.5 cup pepitas, roasted and salted
- 1 avocado
- Cook the quinoa in salted water according to package instructions. Set in large bowl.
- Remove corn kernels from corn cobbs and add to quinoa bowl. Add green onions, cilantro, juice of one lime, feta, 0.5 cup Monterey jack, 0.25 cup pepitas and 0.5 teaspoon chili powder.
- Place avocado and juice of remaining lime in a blender and blend. Add a tablespoon of water as needed to get to a mayonnaise like consistency.
- Toss quinoa mixture with avocado mixture. Season to taste with salt/pep. Garnish with remaining cheese and pepitas.
Inspired by WhatsGabyCooking