Very exciting news over here. We finally got a grill. No more shmooshing everything onto a grill pan- woohoo! And it couldn’t come at a better time with our balcony being at a breezy 80 degrees.
I know this isn’t a grill relevant recipe but I’m excited and also this a great side dish to have on hand when grilling. You basically just toss these little potatoes with some butter/salt/pep and throw on the stove for a half hour while you stare lovingly at your grill. By the time your grilling is done, the potatoes will be perfectly steamed on the inside, freshened up with an herb toss just before serving. Bonus points if you get some fun farmers market potatoes in different colors.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2.5 pounds fingerling potatoes (I used a mix of brown and purple)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill*
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley*
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
*feel free to switch up the herbs- chives would be nice
- Melt butter in dutch oven or soup pot over medium low heat. Add potatoes, salt and pep and toss well.
- Cover pot and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, shaking the pot every 5-10 minutes while cooking to loosen any from the bottom. Remove from heat and let sit with lid on for an additional five minutes. You can pierce one of the potatoes with a knife (or just taste one) to make sure they are tender. Toss with herbs and serve hot.
Inspired by InaGarten