I think I’ll just keep making different deviations of healthy banana bread until the world runs out of bananas. Few things make me happier than starting the day with banana bread especially when I know it’s a clean recipe like this one.
The oat flour gives a little heft to the banana bread and make these treat gluten free. You have coconut oil instead of butter and just a touch of honey for sweetness. The sweet potato is subtle… I actually felt like right out of the oven it was a little too sweet potato-y (I didn’t take my own advice and wait for the bread to cool before removing from the pan) but after it cooled down I thought it was a solid banana/sweet potato ratio of flavor.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about one cup)
- 0.5 cup mashed sweet potato*
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons honey (or more if that’s your spirit)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1.5 cups oat flour *
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
*I roasted a small sweet potato, let cool, remove skin and mashed
**I ground my own oats in the food processor, measure after the oats are ground into a powder like regular flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease loaf tin.
- Mash together banana and sweet potato in large bowl (I left mine a little lumpy). Add egg, vanilla, honey and coconut oil and stir well to combine.
- In small bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 37 minutes.
- Let bread cool completely before removing from pan. Store in an air-tight container (mine stayed moist for several days).
Inspired by RobustRecipes