These salads are so dangerous for me because I can literally eat the whole thing in one sitting and that is a serious amount of kale.
Anyone who says they don’t like kale just hasn’t had it with creamy tahini dressing coating every bite. I love the crunchy cucs, tart and sweet sun dried tomato and obviously chickpeas (I swear my body is 50% chickpeas).
This salad holds pretty well, it’s best to toss with the dressing before serving but it stays in good shape even with dressing on it in the fridge. This makes it perfect for making a giant batch to snack on all week.
Adding in olives, feta or other salty bites would be welcome but I love how light this salad felt against the creamy dressing.
- 2 bunches kale
- 1 english cucumber, seeds scooped out, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice (from two lemons)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- Remove large stems from kale and chop and clean. Sprinkle lightly with salt and massage with your hands.
- Make the dressing: combine tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard and salt. Whisk in water. Season with salt/pep.
- Toss kale with dressing. Gently toss with sun dried tomatoes, cucumber and chickpeas. Sprinkle pine nuts on top and serve.
Inspired by CookieandKate