This is not my typical salad that has 720958325 kinds of grains and seeds and fills you up like a Chipotle burrito. This is a true side salad. My take on a wedge salad if you will. I love the crisp lettuce/creamy dressing/crunchy radish trio of love happening. I especially love what is essentially a healthy greek yogurt ranch dressing, pumped with fresh herbs, slathered aggressively all over the bibb lettuce.
You could definitely do classic iceberg here (or romaine wedges would be great) but I love the flavor and texture of this bibb lettuce pile.
This batch resulted in extra dressing which is really important as a snack the next day with carrots (or bread… is that wrong?). I served this salad with fish in a white bean broth and it was just so right.
- 2 heads bibb lettuce, or similar lettuce, sliced lengthwise
- 1-2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, for garnish
- 1 cup greek yogurt (I used full fat)
- 1/3 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.*
- Lay lettuce wedges on platter. Top generously with dressing. Garnish with sliced radishes, chives and black pepper.
*Add additional milk if you would like a thinner consistency. My consistency meant you kind of had to spread the dressing on the wedges which I was into. Feel free to make the dressing a few days in advance.