Oh hello lovely holiday appetizer. Super creamy, warm, oozy brie (few things are better), sweet figs, crunchy pistachios… indulgence city. You can make up the topping in advance and throw it on the brie when you’re ready to bake. Make sure you use a relatively young brie or it might be too oozy (is that really possible though?).
Go ahead and serve it in the cast iron you warm the brie in (careful it will be hot) and make this appetizer even easier. If you’re feeling wild… you could Persianify the topping one step beyond the fig and pistachio with a little sprinkling of pomegranate rails and a drizzle of honey at the end.
- 13-oz brie
- 4 tablespoons fig jam or preserves, divided
- 1/3 cup dried mission figs, sliced
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place fig jam/preserve in a microwave safe dish (I used a coffee mug) and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Place brie in a cast iron skillet or similar oven-safe dish. Spread two tablespoons of the jam over the brie.
- Combine remaining jam, walnuts, pistachios and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Top brie with the fig and nut mixture (no worries if some spills over the sides).
- Bake brie for ten minutes. Serve with grilled bread or crackers.
Inspired by TheMediterraneanDish