This feels a lot more like cookie crumbles than granola. The oats are just a vehicle for chocolate and peanut butter… you basically taste nothing else. The almonds give some texture but again, chocolate and peanut butter are the star. And it is great.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 2/3 cups chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine maple syrup and peanut butter in a small bowl and microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine oats, coconut, sugar, salt, cinnamon, chocolate and almonds in a large bowl. Add maple syrup/peanut butter mixture and stir well to combine.
- Pour granola onto baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely before breaking into chunks. Store in air tight container at room temperature or in the freezer.
Inspired by AllRecipes