Whenever I travel I get serious snack anxiety that I will be trapped on a plane/train/automobile without something delicious to chomp on. Granola is the obvious solution as it travels easily, is super delicious, and helps me out with my nut/oat intake.
I made an industrial size batch of this Cardamon Tahini Granola for my France trip and it was especially delicious. Feel free to sub in a different oil or different nuts/seeds. If you want it less clumpy stir every five minutes while the granola is the in the oven. If you want it in bigger chunks (for easier snacking) let it cool completely in one big clump and break it up into pieces afterwards. Viola!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 0.75 cups shredded coconut (I used unsweetened)
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 0.75 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Big pinch of salt
- 0.75 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 0.2 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, almonds, walnuts, cardamom, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl combine syrup, oil, tahini and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Spread granola evenly on baking sheet. Bake 35 minute until golden brown. Let cool completely and then break up into chunks. Keeps well in an air tight container at room temperature for a week or in the freezer for basically ever.
Inspired by TheKitchn