The true point of this salad are the beautiful tomatoes. They are so juicy and yum at the farmers market right now. Everything else in this salad is basically tomato decoration. You could use any tomatoes that look great, I did a mix of red and yellow. I also got these cute little cucs at the farmers market but feel free to use a grown up sized cucumber. Dill would be great in this but I went with a mint/parsley combo. And then, of course, feta makes everything betta.
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 large red tomatoes
- 1 small yellow tomato
- 0.5 red onion, sliced very thin
- 4 mini cucumbers
- 0.25 cup chopped parsley
- 0.25 cup chopped mint
- 0.5 cup crumbled feta
- 1 red bell pepper
- Place sliced onion in a bowl of cold water and let sit for ten minutes. Drain.
- Chop tomato, cucumber and pepper into bite size pieces.
- Combine tomato, cucumber, tomato, onion, parsley and mint. Add vinegar, olive oil, salt/pep. Let sit ten minutes.
- Add feta to veggie mixture. Move salad to a platter using a slotted spoon, leaving behind extra liquid. Serve, garnishing with more mint and feta.
Inspired by TheKitchen
mmmm that looks soo good and healthy!!!!