I can’t stress enough how fantastic this cake turned out.
Not only is it fantastic in terms of being super moist and flavorful and happy…. it’s crazy easy.
Whisk the dry ingredients, whisk the wet ingredients… fold in some melted butter and raspberries (oh sure) and you have this lovely cake that is somehow decadent enough for Friday night dessert and light enough for Monday morning breakfast.
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.75 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 cups ricotta
- 0.75 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 0.5 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9- inch spring form pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl whisk together the ricotta, eggs and vanilla.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Fold in butter. Fold in most of the raspberries reserving a quarter cup for the top.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Scatter remaining raspberries on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes (mine took 55). Let cool for 20 minutes. Cake will stay moist for several days in an air tight container.
Inspired by BonAppetit