When I think holiday desserts I instantly go to cookies. All the cookies. Cookies on the brain 24/7 throughout the month of December. I am addicted to cookie pinterest pages….cookie hashtags…. I think I am truly becoming the cookie monster.
But why? Why not switch it up for a non-cookie holiday dessert?
Why not make a show stopper treat that’s easy to make and… you don’t even have to bake?
No that is not a typo. These are no-bake brownies.
Turns out when you mush up some graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk and melted chocolate you get a fudgy brownie consistency that is insane. Throw in some coconut flakes, almonds and cranberries and you have a gorgeous and festive holiday dessert beauty.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 0.5 cup chopped almonds, plus more for garnish
- 0.5 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, plus more for garnish
- 0.5 cup dried cranberries, plus more for garnish
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 cup cocoa powder
- 0.75 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate melted*
- Dark chocolate, for drizzling*
- White chocolate, for drizzling*
*I chopped up my dark chocolate and melted in a bowl over a pot of barely simmering water. For the white chocolate I put a handful of white chocolate chips in a coffee cup and threw in the microwave for 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Grease a spring-form pan with baking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, almonds, coconut, cranberries and salt. Add cocoa powder and stir to combine.
- Pour in condensed milk and melted chocolate and stir to combine (dough will be very stiff).
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and use your hands or the bottom of a measuring cup to even out the dough. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Before serving, remove from the pan, drizzle with chocolates and sprinkle with reserved toppings. Leftover brownies will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Inspired by CamilleStyles